• DISTILLERY TOURS AVAILABLE 7 DAYS A WEEK •
• WEDNESDAY, 2/19 THE MONOGRAM LOUNGE WILL BE CLOSED 3-8PM •
Join us for a one-hour guided tour of J. Rieger & Co., Kansas City’s iconic distillery, located in the historic Electric Park neighborhood of the East Bottoms district. Discover the history of our brand, from its founding during the wild and raucous years when the city boasted “the wettest block in the world”, to its premature demise at the dawn of Prohibition, and eventual revival in 2014, nearly a century later.
Enjoy extensive access to each phase of the distillation process, from grain to bottle. The tour will conclude with a tasting of our four core products led by one of our knowledgeable guides.
Please note, reservations are not required but they are recommended. For reservations please see the link below.
Tours are available 7 days a week.
Tours are available 7 days a week, please check below for availability and online booking.
Adults (21+) - $15 + Tax
Young Adults (11-20 years old) - $5 + Tax
Children 10 and under (must book with 1 adult) - free
• A short documentary film on the history of our distillery
• Brand artifacts and mementos dating to the late 1800s
• The 15,000+ square foot production floor housing our four stills, where we distill five days a week
• The barrel rickhouse, where more than 2,000 barrels of Whiskey are stored for aging
• Kansas City Whiskey
• Midwestern Dry Gin
• Premium Wheat Vodka
• Caffè Amaro
• Our distillery is located at 2700 Guinotte Ave. in the Electric Park neighborhood of Kansas City. (We are NOT at 1924 Main St. That’s The Rieger- a fine dining experience in the Crossroads Arts District. Read about our shared history.)
• Allow extra travel time as we are located directly next to active train tracks. Follow the Electric Park detour signs should you get stuck at a train crossing.
• Complimentary parking is located on the west side of the building.
• Closed toe shoes are required – this is for your safety, as you will be on a very active distillery production floor. No exceptions will be made.
• Age restrictions: guests 20 & under are only permitted on the 11am daily tours for a discounted rate, which of course does not include samples.
• If you are not present at the time of your tour, a refund will not be issued.
• Proper photo ID is required at the time of check-in
• Please check in at our front desk no less than 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled tour time. All tours will begin promptly at their scheduled start time, and you may not join a tour after it has started. There will be no exceptions.
• Photos are allowed to be taken throughout the building, but flash photography is prohibited.
• All tours can accommodate up to and no more than 20 people.
• All persons must sign a liability waiver before beginning the tour.
• Be advised that visitors will be walking/standing for about 30 minutes during the tour. Our distillery is ADA accessible with the exception of viewing the inside of the fermenters, which requires walking up and down a small flight of stairs.
• The barrel rickhouse is NOT climate controlled, and thus may be warm or cold depending on the season and the weather. Please plan accordingly.
• Enjoy cocktails, coffee and small bites at The Monogram Lounge, open from 11am on weekdays and 9am on weekends.
• Explore our 3,000 square foot historical exhibit, which is always free to the public during normal business hours.
• Make a reservation for evening cocktails at The Hey! Hey! Club
• Browse The Mercantile Gift Shop.
• Fill and label your own bottle of Kansas City Whiskey at the bottling station.
• Take a ride on our slide!
Private tours are available upon request. Private tours include the same tour experience as outlined above.
Private tours can accommodate up to and no more than 20 people at a time. Should your group exceed 20 individuals, multiple private tours must be booked.
Monday-Thursday $300 (up to 20 people)
Friday-Sunday $400 (up to 20 people)
All tours are subject to an 18% gratuity charge and 11% sales and tourism tax.
For inquiries regarding private tours, please use the link below, and complete the corresponding form:
Sign up to keep up with us, hear about special events and to receive the latest news.