Join us for a one-hour guided tour of J. Rieger & Co., Kansas City’s iconic distillery, located in the historic Electric Park neighborhood of the East Bottoms district. Discover the history of our brand, from its founding during the wild and raucous years when the city boasted “the wettest block in the world”, to its premature demise at the dawn of Prohibition, and eventual revival in 2014, nearly a century later.
Enjoy extensive access to each phase of the distillation process, from grain to bottle. The tour will conclude with a tasting of our four core products led by one of our knowledgeable guides.
At the conclusion of your tour, a limited food and cocktail menu will be available if you’d like to stay and enjoy our space.
Please note, reservations are REQUIRED. For reservations please see the link below.
Through July, all Distillery tours will be a single party at a time, with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 guests. Your will not be paired with other guests outside of your own party.
Tours are available only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through the end of July.
All tours are 21+.
Tours are available Wednesday-Sunday.
Please check below for availability and online booking.
Adults (21+) - $15 + tax and gratuity
• A short documentary film on the history of our distillery
• Brand artifacts and mementos dating to the late 1800s
• The 15,000+ square foot production floor housing our four stills, where we distill five days a week
• The barrel rickhouse, where more than 2,000 barrels of Whiskey are stored for aging
• Kansas City Whiskey
• Midwestern Dry Gin
• Premium Wheat Vodka
• Caffè Amaro
• Our distillery is located at 2700 Guinotte Ave. in the Electric Park neighborhood of Kansas City. (We are NOT at 1924 Main St. That’s The Rieger- a fine dining experience in the Crossroads Arts District. Read about our shared history.)
• Allow extra travel time as we are located directly next to active train tracks. Follow the Electric Park detour signs should you get stuck at a train crossing.
• Complimentary parking is located on the west side of the building.
• Masks are required for all tours – this is for our teams and your safety. No exceptions will be made.
• Closed toe shoes are required – this is for your safety, as you will be on a very active distillery production floor. No exceptions will be made.
• Age restrictions: guests 21+ ONLY
• If you are not present at the time of your tour, a refund will not be issued.
• Proper photo ID is required at the time of check-in
• Please check in at our front desk no less than 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled tour time. All tours will begin promptly at their scheduled start time, and you may not join a tour after it has started. There will be no exceptions.
• Photos are allowed to be taken throughout the building, but flash photography is prohibited.
• All tours can accommodate up to and no more than 8 people.
• All persons must sign a liability waiver before beginning the tour.
• Be advised that visitors will be walking/standing for about 30 minutes during the tour. Our distillery is ADA accessible.
• The barrel rickhouse and production floor are NOT climate controlled, and thus may be warm or cold depending on the season and the weather. Please plan accordingly.
Sign up to keep up with us, hear about special events and to receive the latest news.